It is that time of the year where we celebrate Christmas. Shops are busy, twinkly lights are everywhere, and everything just feels rather happy. Which is always nice.
But what does Christmas mean to me?
I’m not particularly religious, although I grew up with Sunday Schools and the annual nativity. This causes issues with a few folk I know, why celebrate Christmas when you don’t follow the bible. Well, considering it is believed that Jesus was born in spring and not December 25th, that mutes that point. It appears that Christianity adopted the winter date because of a popular Pagan celebration, which was put in place by the Romans.
Not that it matters.
Christmas to me is about family. It is a celebration before the start of a new year, where we can show those around us, we are thinking of them. And that’s it.
Obviously other people hold other meanings in the holiday, and that’s fine. Everyone is allowed to find a meaning that matters to them in anything. And that fact shouldn’t matter to anyone else. Let everyone celebrate moments that mean something to them, cause life is to short not to.
- Watching Kanye on Twitter is better entertainment than anything currently on tv 3 hours ago
- See what annoys me about politics? All the parties just try to outshit each other. They can’t even represent voters… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- FFS, it’s going to take me forever to read through all the new terms and conditions for every ruddy website. #ballstothat 1 day ago
- @AngryScotland -LUF! Party time 1 day ago
- @sean_murdoch_ @TSB @PaulPester I just hope it continues working cause I can’t get into branch till Monday now. 🙄 l… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- 13,982 hits
- Good Charlotte
- mental health
- new year